Social Impact @ Turnitin
Turnitin's approach for creating more equitable educational and vocational systems globally.
As an edtech company, Turnitin believes that we have a responsibility to invest in the communities where we live, work and learn. We achieve this through our Social Impact strategy and partnerships.
Our Social Impact strategy guides how we partner with educational communities around the globe to increase access and equity in educational and vocational systems.
In 2022, we funded 8 non-profit partnerships with education focused organizations around the globe. Our regional teams informed the selection of these partners in their local communities. The 8 non-profits are:
- NPO Kidsdoor
- Indigenious Literacy Foundation
- Daughters for Life
- The Children’s Foundation
- Reading is Fundamental Pittsburgh
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Lone Star
- Enseña por México
Our Social Impact function enables the following:
- Donation Matching Program: Turnitin recognizes the valuable work of non-profit organizations. To support these organizations, Turnitin matches employees’ donations up to a designated amount per year.
- Volunteer leave: Turnitin allows two days of paid volunteer leave per calendar year.
- Partnerships: Turnitin funds partnerships with local non-profits in our regions that are advancing education.
- Events: our local teams organize fundraising events, office lunch and learns and other team building activities in support of local non-profit organizations.